Sunday, March 11, 2012

Moist Meat Loaf with a little kick!


Moist Meat Loaf 

Takes about 15 minutes prep time and an hour or so to bake.  Preheat oven to 350°

Meat Loaf:
-1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
-2/3 C cracker crumbs
-½ C low fat milk
-1 large egg or ¼ C liquid egg
-2 tsp minced onion or use fresh chopped onion
-1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I use 2 Tbsp)
-1 Tbsp hot sauce
-1 tsp garlic salt
-Dash of pepper

Sauce:
-4 Tbsp ketchup (I use low sugar ketchup)
-2 tsp spicy mustard
-2 Tbsp brown sugar (I use sugar free pancake syrup instead)

In a small bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk.  Add crackers and mix well.  In a large mixing bowl, combine all meat loaf ingredients (not those for the sauce) and mix well.
In another small bowl, combine ingredients for sauce and mix well.  Form meat into loaf and place into foil sprayed with cooking spray.  Place loaf and foil into baking dish or pan.
Spoon sauce over meat loaf. Close the foil loosely over the loaf and bake at 350º for about an hour or so.  (If you are making 2 loaves, you’ll need to bake for 1 ½ hours or so; slice in the middle to check to see if done.)

This is one of the moistest meat loafs I have ever tasted and the entire family loves it!  Just throw some small potatoes in the oven at the same time and have roasted potatoes as an easy side dish.  If you'd like to kick it up a notch just add a little more hot sauce.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My first love is Jesus…then my wife of 45 years…then cooking. I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I am now a follower of yours. Feel free to look over my blog and become a follower of my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stan, I enjoyed reading your blog as well. I'll be praying for you and your lovely wife :-)

      Delete